Frontkom empowers businesses and impactful organizations to discover and leverage digital opportunities. We help people adopt technology for growth, innovation and positive world impacts. We’re a team of over 80 specialists – designers, developers and business consultants working in a collaborative, international environment from offices in Lublin, Warsaw, Oslo, Fredrikstad, Funchal and Berlin. We support the free and open web and work with Drupal, WordPress, Laravel, WooCommerce and many more technologies.
Hello WordPress Experts!
We’re looking for another developer to join our WordPress team, as we have many new WordPress projects coming our way. So if:
- You have over 3 years of experience as a developer…
- You’re not afraid of communicating in English (B1/B2)…
- You’re passionate about all things WordPress-related…
- You think workation in Madeira is a good way to deal with winter…
…then you’re who we’re looking for! Read on to learn more about the project and technologies we use.
How we work
We use the newest technology and we utilize a local development environment based on Docker. Other than that, we use WP CLI, CI/CD, and Gitlab. We engage in the OpenSource community by developer initiatives and actively support OpenSource solutions for Gutenberg: GutenbergJS and Gutenberg Cloud. If you have no previous experience with the above, don’t worry – we’ll show you the ropes!
In our projects we work in the international teams with:
- The project manager who is the first person to contact the client
- UX/UI Designer who prepares all the needed assets and designs
- The tester who makes sure the quality is consistent with the project requirements
- Developer who is responsible for the implementation
Skills we’re looking for:
- Natural aptitude for problem-solving, supported by experience in the use of Google and StackOverflow
- Willingness to develop and share knowledge with others
- WordPress – at least 3 years of experience (or less if you manage to convince us that you are developing very fast)
- GIT – daily work with a repo, without more serious stunts
- English at a communicative level – we work with customers from all over the world
- Initiative and ability to make decisions – we work with clients’ projects and aim to have a proactive approach
- General communicativeness and teamwork skills
These will help you stand out:
- Design patterns, clean code, and clean architecture (and that SOLID again!)
- Code review experience (we think this is a very important skill, both from the point of view of the code developer and the reviewer)
- WP REST APIs – we like when something looks nice and transparent
- Gutenberg – not the guy who invented print, but we appreciate if you heard of him!
- CSS Grid – we know Flexbox is enough, but CSS Grid lets us create awwwards-ish pages!
- Docker basics on an applicable level, really easy to grasp in a dozen or so hours of learning. We use a slightly modified Laradock.
- Scrum – we try to estimate how much time will be needed and for what, and then account for it at the end of the sprint, as well as justify the reason if it took a lot more time (true story, bro :()
- Experience in working with CI/CD (GitLab) – this is where you get to see what tests are for, right?
- Familiarity with topics such as ElasticSearch and application scalability is also welcome
Joining Frontkom means
- Monthly salary up to 16k PLN net + VAT on a B2B contract
- Freedom to work wherever you want – we offer fully remote positions…
- …but if you enjoy coming into the office, you can visit us in Warsaw, Lublin, Oslo, Fredrikstad or Funchal!
- Friendly onboarding process and mature working environment, “buddy” support from day one (“You’ll never walk alone”, even if you’re not a Liverpool fan)
- An opportunity to enjoy workation in our sunny office in Madeira – we take care of transport and accommodation for you. Just enjoy the trip!
- Opportunities to develop in small teams with experienced developers, with a stack-based on PHP7+ and Laravel/Drupal/WordPress. If you want to develop other PHP technologies then we will definitely find something for you. The “Nice-to-have skills” list below will tell you exactly how we work and in which areas we are increasing our competences
- Opportunity to develop towards React and/or Vue. If you want to stay in the world of CMS, we also offer Drupal training 🙂
- We really want you to go far – we support your growth through yearly educational budgets, conferences and other industry events
- But wait, there’s more: private healthcare, sports cards, integration trips, weekly English or Norwegian lessons…